It’s Not Over Yet

The pandemic really took away the memories we could have made. In 2020, I didn’t come home for almost a year because of the pandemic, but when I do, the moment was for the funeral of my dad. I know, it sucks. I just couldn’t imagine my mom and my sister had to go through everything and I wasn’t even there with them.

In case you’re wondering, I have two fathers and I’m talking about my step father here. He passed away in December 2020. But no, it wasn’t because of the coronavirus because he was already sick even before the pandemic. Back then, he had to do the hemodialysis twice a week. He basically went back & forth to the hospital and for several times, he was hospitalized too. But he’s in a good place now.

2020 was one hell of a year, and undoubtedly one of the most challenging years for everyone. For some people, maybe 2021 is even more challenging. We’re already in the second half of 2021, but sadly the coronavirus situation in Indonesia is just getting worse.

As for the vaccine, I would say the vaccination process is doing quite well, at least in Jakarta. Although the vaccination rate in Indonesia is still low, I really appreciate the government’s efforts to get more and more people vaccinated. Alhamdulillah I got my first dose of vaccine, my twin brother got his first dose too, and my mom got her second dose few months ago. But as we know that vaccine is not a magic bullet to end the pandemic, so let’s just hope and pray for the best.

Through all the chaos and craziness we’ve experienced, I believe something good will come out of it. I also believe that everything happened for a reason and Allah knows what best for us.

It’s not over yet, so hang in there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tes TOEFL ITP

Tes Alergi

Tes TOPIK di JIKS